Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Night Thoughts

This is the first night in my "NEW" New Jersey home in the town of Edison of Middlesex County. I have already gotten most of everything unpacked. It still hasn't really hit me that this will be my room and home for the future. When we first pulled up we said our greetings to Pastor Brad and Bailey then we started to unload things from my truck and the Tahoe. After that we ordered a wonderful pizza from Vinny's Pizzeria which was very close by. VERY TASTY!!! Then we got ready and went to church at the Raritan Valley Baptist Church. It was a smaller sanctuary but the people there were very nice. The church just seemed to have a very sweet spirit in it. The people there seemed sooooo hungry for God's word and to see their church grow. It seemed very different from SC....I guess living in the bible belt we take church for granted and sometime we get complacent in what we have. Pastor Brad gave our bible study from John 5:16-20 also showing that as we are working the Lord is also working...and great and mighty things can be done if we just yield to his will...I really feel God is going to grow this church and souls will be saved. The bible tells us where there is no vision the people perish. But I feel they have a vision and if we just submit and surrender to God's will then he and he only through his power and Glory will do great and mighty things! AMEN!!!!!!!!!! Sorry! I'm a lol EXCITED to see what's going to take place!!!!!!!!!!After church we came back to the house and I still needed some things for my room so we went to Walmart. Walmarts here are different b/c they are not Super centers like back home. They don't really have a grocery store, but you can buy a few food items. So I bought a bookshelf last night for my room there and came home and put it together... this is my focus while im here. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you" Deuteronomy 31:6 I know God is with me here and I pray that he uses me and draws me closer to him than ever before. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Simply amazing......speechless....Im so proud of you for following God's heartbeat! Im hope your plunge into God's mercy well is breathtaking, humbly, crazy, and zealousily full of God's amazing love and grace. Good luck in this journey!!! May God bless you in all that you do!

    ReplyDelete