Friday, February 5, 2010

The Opening of Doors

I know I have gotten slack since I have first started blogging but I just want to bring everyone up to date on what's been going on the past week. Last weekend we had a wonderful time at church it was my first Sunday at the Raritan Valley Baptist Church...It was a small crowd but the spirit felt soooo real within the walls of that sanctuary. Senior Pastor Michael was gone out of town on vacation so Brother Brad brought the message. He preached a message entitled "Battle Ready Vision" out of 1 Samuel 17 (David and Goliath)
1. David Focused on "The Cause" which is................God!!!! The Battle is God's and its in his interest that we have victory over the battles we face!
2. David recognized the where the power come from!....which was the almighty power of God!
3. David recognized proven weaponry...
Weapons we have as Christians!
a. God's word (Jeremiah 23:29, Hebrews 4:12)
b. Prayer
c. Church (Matthew 16:13-18)
4. David moved in confidence( 1 Samuel 17:45)
With all that said he knew he had some thing great than himself standing behind him and through the power of God David a stone from a brook and put it in his sling and gave it a toss. The stone struck Goliath in the head and he fell to the ground...DEAD! Then David took the Giant's sword and cut his head off!
WOW what a victory because David completely trusted in the Lord b/c he knew the battle wasn't his!

Sunday afternoon Brad and I went to the Trust In God Baptist Church which is the Chinese church they have an English speaking service and a Chinese speaking service. Brad spoke there as well.
1st Door opened!!!!!!!!!!!!....the first time I was ever there they asked me if I'd be willing to speak there sometime soon! I was so amazed that God had opened a ministry opportunity for me that quick! WOW God is soooo good!
The week rolled on and it snowed Tuesday night and it was pretty much gone by Wednesday evening.
2nd Door to be opened....Keep this in mind I haven't even been here a week! I called about a job I found on Craig's List and I have an interview for a X-ray(C-Arm) Tech job on 2/11! Please put that on your prayer list that he will open that door I need some income. Its not full time but maybe it will open up and get my foot in the door.
I tell you friends God is sooooo faithful we just have to put our faith and trust and him and move out of the way. Sometime we limit God working in us b/c we are hindering him or we have SELF(OURSELVES) in the way! We just need to..LET GO and LET GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment